Become a member of the Donahoe PTA today and help us reach our goal of 100% membership! It takes one membership per enrolled student to reach 100%, so we are encouraging every adult in your household to join at only $5 per member. Every student at Donahoe benefits from the programs and services of the PTA. It is through your membership, volunteer hours and participation in your child’s education that we achieve success at Donahoe.
With Today's PTA, families also have access to important benefits, including:
- Dozens of national programs, experts, and turnkey resources
- Regular updates and advice in the form of e-newsletters, PTA.org, Our Children magazine, and a robust Back-to-School kit of resources.
- Leadership development through state and local training, webinars and e-learning courses.
- Millions of dollars in grants to help build PTA capacity and skills.
- Prestigious national awards.
- Cost savings from national and state retailers and other PTA partners.
- Invitations to PTA conventions as well as our conferences for emerging minority leaders, male mentors, and advocates.
- Support services and staff to help establish and manage your PTA.
- Virginia Benefits ~ Are you aware of the many great benefits that you get for just being a member? Did you know you can save 10% at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg? Were you aware you can get a 14% discount on your T-Mobile bill?
- Check out the National PTA Member Benefits webpage for details about these and much more!
- Get Connected ~ There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Tap into a Network ~ Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers,
- building rapport and discussing issues.
- Watch Yourself Grow ~ By volunteering with PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children.
- Speak Up ~ Because the PTA is a forum for idea exchange and advocacy, PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change.
- Witness Improvement ~ By getting involved in PTA, you'll help make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events—all vital to a school's success.
- Be a Role Model ~ As a PTA member, you demonstrate to your child the importance you place on education.
Added bonus: The class with the most PTA participation at the end of the 1st marking period will receive a pizza party sponsored by the PTA!